Meatballs make for great snack food. You can throw together a HUGE batch and eat them for the week. They are easily portable and go well with fresh veggie sticks. If made with the right ingredients…they are little bundles of amazing flavor that will get you lean fast. I recommend ultra-lean ground turkey, beef or bison for meatballs. Anything goes and you can spice these babies up any way you like! I switch up this recipe so many different ways with different herbs, spices, and vegetables. I usually throw mine into a plastic Ziploc bag with a small yam and some sliced veggies (of course once the meatballs have chilled off a bit). For more healthy recipe ideas check out THE BIKINI MODEL COOKBOOK. Ingredients:
- 2 lbs. extra lean ground turkey
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup old-fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh ginger, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil or cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, chopped (leave the seeds in if you like it spicy)
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 tsp. black pepper, or to taste
- 1⁄4 tsp. sea salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 tsp. red chili pepper flakes
- Cooking spray (non-aerosol)
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the ground turkey, egg whites and oatmeal through to red chili pepper flakes. Using your hands work the vegetables, egg whites, oatmeal and herbs and spices into the meat.
- On a pan coated with cooking spray, separate the meat into 7 fists sized meatballs. Cook for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
Makes 7 servings: Serving size = 1 giant meatball. Calories per serving: 192, Protein: 33.0g, Carbohydrates: 7.8g, Fat: 3.0g Be sure to drop me a line on Facebook and let us know how it went! 🙂 For all my Recipes, Workouts, new cookbook updates, 3o Day Challenges, and Fitness Model Lifestyle Interviews, be sure to sign up BikiniFit and become a MEMBER
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW FOR MEMBERSHIP DETAILS