This is one of my favourite Piri Piri Chicken recipes. So easy to make and great for meal prep ideas when you are getting bored of chicken! This Spicy Chicken recipe is easy to make and even easier to eat!
Piri Piri Chicken:
This chicken is really HOT! Goes great with Vegetable Biryani from The Bikini Model Cookbook (available in members area) It also works well with a side salad and/or steamed brown rice or with mixed vegetables.
The word “Piri-Piri” comes from a Portuguese background, it means “chili-chili”.
- 1 lbs. unseasoned chicken breast, in tact
- 15 Thai red chili peppers, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon about ¼ cup
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. Sea Salt
- ½ tsp. Cumin, ground
- ¼ tsp. Black Pepper, ground
- In a blender or a food processor add the chopped chilies through to black pepper. Process until its smooth or forms a paste like consistency.
- In a shallow bowl keeping the chicken breasts intact pour the Piri-Piri hot sauce over the chicken and marinate for several hours preferably overnight before placing on the BBQ.
- When you are ready to cook the chicken, preheat the BBQ over high heat. Add the chicken to the BBQ and lower the heat to medium low. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook the other side an additional 4-5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
Makes 4 servings: Serving size= 1 BBQ chicken breast or ¼ lbs.
Calories per serving: 149.5, Protein: 27.3g, Carbohydrates: 6.8g, Fat: 2.7g
Author Caithleen Heffernan