This is a great substitution for when your craving pizza!
- 1 lbs. lean ground turkey
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Sea or iodized salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 50g parmesan hard cheese, finely grated
- 8 portabella mushroom caps
- In a non-stick pan over medium heat cook the ground turkey, no oil required. Once the turkey is cooked through add the red onions and garlic, cook an additional 3-5 minutes until soft.
- Add the red pepper and tomato, sea salt, pepper and fresh basil. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. On a baking sheet place the portabella mushroom caps up on the pan. Add the ground turkey basil mixture evenly to the mushroom caps. Top them with evenly with cheese.
- Bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is browned and the mushrooms are cooked through. Serve hot!
Makes 4 servings: Serving size= 2 portabella pizzas
Calories per serving: 224, Protein: 34.8g, Carbohydrates: 11.2g, Fat: 5.2g
Thanks for checking out my blog subscribe to my Youtube channel for more recipes to come this year. Stop in to my Facebook page and drop me a line anytime HERE. I love to see your recipe re-creations 😉 on IG (INSTAGRAM) hashtag #thebikinimodelcookbook to show me what you’ve made. Tweet at me or follow me for my Instagram recipes here.
Have a healthy week! 😀