3 onions, chopped
6 carrots, chopped
1 head garlic, cloves/ chopped
4 celery stalks, chopped
1 apple, chopped
1 large turkey (mine was 17lbs)
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup chopped fresh sage
3/4 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
6 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
1 lemon, quartered
1 orange, quartered
2 wooden kabob sticks
1. Fully defrost the turkey. It may take up to 3 days. I defrosted mine in the fridge for 2 days then the day before in the water in the sink and then put it in the fridge overnight.
2. When ready preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Chop the onions through to apple and place in a roasting pan.
3. To prepare the turkey. Once it’s fully defrosted remove all the giblets and things from the inside. Take your hands like as shown in the video and separate the skin from the meat to allow room for the rub.
4. In a bowl mix the butter through to parmesan cheese. Rub it evenly between the skin and the meat as shown in the video. Juice the lemon and orange with your hands on top of the turkey and put as much of it that you can inside the cavity of the turkey. Sinch the legs down using wooden kabob sticks as shown artfully in the video.
5. Place the turkey breast side up (that’s as shown in the video) I believe I covered it with foil to cook. Leave it in the oven for 30 minutes then reduce heat to 350 degrees for the remaining time. My turkey took nearly 5.5 hours!!! To reach 165 degrees. I’m pretty sure it was a 30 lbs turkey.
⭐️TO MAKE THE SAUSAGE STUFFING⭐️ Weiner dog birthday celebration fav! (make separate this is never added to the turkey just served with it!)
2 cups quinoa, cook as per directions
5 spicy Italian sausages, chopped
1 cup red onion, chopped
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 garlic cloves
2 cups shitake mushrooms (dehydrated)
4 celery stalks, chopped
1 bay leaf
1/2 cup pecans crumbled
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 granny smith apple, chopped
1. a) Cook the quinoa in advance as per directions. Set aside.
1. b) Prepare the shitake mushrooms by pouring hot water on top. Let sit for several minutes until soft. Drain and set aside until use.
2. Cook in a large cooking pan with the olive oil, the red onions and sausages chopped, garlic cloves minced, softened shiitake mushrooms, celery and bay leaf. Cook until the vegetables are soft.
3. In a large bowl mix the quinoa, the vegetables from the pan, pecans, salt and pepper, dried cranberries and chopped apple. Combine well and set aside until ready to eat!
Serve with the easter turkey recipe and the accompaniments!
Happy Easter Loves! Follow the steps in the video to find the FACEBOOK group CLICK HERE